HOW TO FIND THE BEST RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
1. LOOK AT LOTS OF BEFORE + AFTER PHOTOS
The fascinating world of cosmetic surgery is a combination of medicine, surgery, and art. Plastic surgeons manage all 3 of these expertly to ensure each patient has a safe and rewarding experience. That said, most people don’t realize or take into consideration much of the behind the scenes medical work that goes into having any surgery – things like ensuring you are on the proper medications and that you don’t have an issue with anesthesia. And they probably shouldn’t. Once the surgery is over, there’s really only one thing left – the cosmetic result. That is why I always say that at the end of the day plastic surgeons are (and should) really only judged by one thing – how the result looks. Thus, looking at before and after photos is probably the best way to separate who is amongst the best rhinoplasty surgeons in Miami (or any city for that matter). Regardless of what marketing efforts, social media popularity, charming personality, or super fancy high end office a plastic surgeon might have, it’s the result that matters. It is advisable to look beyond the non-critical factors and hone in on analyzing these outcomes. We explain how to do this (and avoid pitfalls) in our Guide to Analyzing Before and After Photos in cosmetic surgery.
2. GO TO MANY IN-PERSON CONSULTATIONS
In person consultations are by far the best way to help you find the best rhinoplasty surgeon for you as an individual. This is probably the single most important part of the process in planning a rhinoplasty. Why is this the case?
- You get to meet the surgeon in person and get a feel for how they work out each situation and what their overall passion is for the procedure.
- They will (usually) perform a computer simulation of your result. Read more here on how close these rhinoplasty simulations can be to the final result to understand more why this is so beneficial.
- The surgeon can show you other patients they have done with similar features to yours. Noses are literally like fingerprints and there are no two that are identical, but there are sometimes similar features that can give you a realistic idea of what to expect in that surgeon’s hands.
3. CONSIDER ONLINE CONSULTATIONS
There are limitations to online consultations in that you won’t get to meet the surgeon in person, but ultimately the planning and decision making behind rhinoplasty is still the same. Your surgeon can still give you a good simulation if you send in appropriate photos. We have detailed the process in taking photos and applying for online consultation with Dr. Murray.